A Resource for Performing Artists, Scholars and Audiences.
This summer, we’re handing over the ZERO1 Garage to innovative performance artists who are pushing the boundaries of digital culture. Six projects will be selected to be part of the BRING IT! Performance Art Series, taking place at the ZERO1 Garage between June 20 and September 5, 2014. Selected artists will receive $500 in project support*, have complete access to the ZERO1 Garage, plus help from ZERO1’s Programming and Outreach teams to help you plan and promote your event.
ZERO1 is where art meets technology to shape the future. We operate at the intersection of art and technology, and expect you to as well. We welcome proposals for event-based performance art, including, but not limited to, live performance, telematic performance, dance, live cinema, virtual/gaming work, immersive installation, multidisciplinary collaborations, audiovisual performance, and more. We support experimentation and risk-taking, so BRING IT!
BRING IT! has been generously supported by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
Click to apply. Admissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we recommend applying early.
Final deadline is May 18, 2014 at 11:59pm. Artists will be notified of selection by June 1, 2014.
*Additional travel support up to $500 is available to support 1-2 projects by artists who live outside of the San Francisco Bay Area. Please specify in your proposal and budget if you would like to apply.
The Fine Print
Our goal is to host six performance art projects at the ZERO1 Garage from June 20-September 5, 2014.
1. Be innovative and/or experimental.
2. Benefit from being hosted at the ZERO1 Garage.
3. Explore digital culture, contextualize performance within contemporary art, and/or actively engage with the ZERO1 audience.
4. Ideally be a one-time event, preferably able to take place in the evening, that is free and open to the public. If your project has a different structure, tell us how you imagine it working and why it’s a good fit for this program.
ZERO1 offers participants:
1. $500 in project support
2. Access to the ZERO1 Garage facilities: ~7,000 square feet, centrally located gallery space, open floor plan. Additional images available here.
3. Support from ZERO1’s Programming and Outreach teams to help you produce and promote your event.
4. The chance to plug into ZERO1’s rich network of artists, techies, and innovators.
5. Access to ZERO1’s existing inventory of tables, chairs, projectors, lights, and equipment.
• Inclusion in program is contingent on artist and ZERO1 scheduling an appropriate event date between June 20 and September 5, 2014.
• Two confirmed event dates in the program are August 1 and September 5, 2014 to coincide with South First Fridays, the SoFA District's monthly art walk. This event takes place from 7-10pm with ~600-800 visitors moving through the space. Please specify in your application if you feel your proposal is a good fit for this event.