BIOGRAPHY Marko Markovic was born on January 12th 1983 in Osijek, Croatia. He graduated painting at Art Academy in Split in 2007 in the class of prof. Gorki Žuvela. 2009. University of Zadar - Pedagogical psychological education. Does researches in different media: video, installation, ambient, performance and happening. In these works he often animates and includes audience and/or other participants as the expression medium. He is the founder and member of a flexible formation Adistia, a group of people that operates in performance activities, as an art group, art community, or organization. He participated in numerous exhibitions, workshops and festivals in Croatia and abroad (USA, Russia, Mexico, Finland, Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Italy, Greece, Serbia, Austria, USA). He is organizer of a performance festival named Days of Open Performance in Split, Dani Otvorenog Performansa U Splitu/ DOPUST (Croatian word for holiday). He is front man in performative punk/ noise/ electro band ILIJA I ZRNO ŽITA (ELIJAH AND THE GRAIN). He was teaching painting and drawing at High School of Arts in Split, Croatia. Lives and works in New York as freelance artist. 2011 awarded for best young Visual artist in Croatia with award Radoslav Putar; member YVAA- Young Visual Artist Award. AWARD 2011. Radoslav Putar annual award for best young visual artists of Croatian Institute for Contemporary Art Zagreb in association with YVAA-Young Visual Artist Award RESIDENCY 2012. ISCP/ International studio & Curatorial practice, New York.US. WORKSHOPS 2010. - Sub Art- Tracing immobility, Ražanj, Croatia - ‘’Young people for young people’’, Art workshops for high school students of Fine Arts and students home for abandoned children Mistral. DOPUST/ curator project, Split,Croatia
2009 - BUK, Baranja Art Collony, Green Island, Croataia
2008 - Stacion Centar for Contemporary Art Pristine, Kosovo ‘’Politics of contemporary art ‘’ workshop 2. –Stacion Centar for Contemporary Art Pristine, Kosovo
‘’Politicis of contemporary art ‘’ workshop 1. 2007
- Komikaze, Viva la Pola! Festival, Pula Croatia - Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brcko district 2006 -" The Kitchen's Come together program in art and social engagement " New York, USA 2005 - Speak up! - Helsinki, Finland - Meeting of Mediterranean schools of art, point of social exchanges, Algiers, Algeria SOLO EXHIBITIONS 2009 - Gallery of Fine Art Split, happening CITIZENS + concert Ilija I Zrno Žita - The Swamp Gallery, performance from cycle SELF EATER- thirst 2008 - Premiere 12. OPUS gallery, Split, Needle playing/ NPR#09 2007 - Free Art Academy Ghetto, Split - " Happy birthday, Mr. Jack " - performance - VN Gallery, Zagreb - " Tetraterraton " - happening - Drveniško lito (Drvenik summer) - " Šarlatan " ("Quack") - performance 2001 - Teacher Academy in Osijek GROUP EXHIBITIONS
2012 - 11. Days of Croatian performance. Performance Sharpening, Wall street, NYC.US.
- SC Gallery, “ Revolution now and forever ”. Video “Where this ship is sailing”
- ISCP/ International studio & Curatorial practice, NYC. " American spring" - Culture Shock Festival, Križevci, performance “ Primopredaja" - Exhibition THT award Museum of Contemporary Art Zagreb, Mixed media ” Labor saves” - Referendum, Old City hall Split " Every Marko Markovic does it wrong but our Markovic does it bad and wrong " 2011 - Big group exhibition, Greta gallery, Zagreb
- Ve.Sch, Vinna, Austria, performance, " Manifest of an artist, worker and statesman " - Max Art festival Zagreb, " Litrature night with poetry of Croatian ex premiere Jadranka Kosor " - Bienale de Mediterane- Croatian selecion, MKC Split, " Manifest of an artist, worker and statesmen " - Trešnjevački saloon- Cultural Centre Trešnjevkar, Zagreb-performance " Manifest of an artist, worker and statesmen " - 37 Split saloon -performance- " Poser " - Open Atelier Žitnjak-art food-Last Croatian Rose-performance - XV. Biennale de la Mediterranee -Thessaloniki, Greece-Manifest-happening -Helios, Hvar, International-performance - Almissia Open-Air General-Performance Monitoring - 51 Poreč Annals, Monitoring, Performance - My country Staglinec, performance "Small boat" - Final exhibition for the annual prize Radoslav Putar for the best young visual artists "Exemplary suit" mixed media / text / video / performance - Happening to the workers of the textile industry “Uzor” and workers “Dalmacijavno” 4 DOPUST/ Days of open performance in Split, MKC, Split. - Volume Collection, MKC, Split "Poor are difficult even to a god" - Policies of performance, Center for Culture, Belgrade, Serbia. Performance "Finale" - Volume Collection, Museum of modern and contemporary art, Rijeka, "Poor are difficult even to a god" 2010
- Fondazione Bevilacqua La Masa – Fondazione Tito, Venice, “ Poor people and to a God are difficult” - 3. Zagrebi festival, performance ‘’ Its not gold everything that shines’’ - Amissia festival, Omiš, happening, ‘’ In hands of state machine’’
- KVART- 10 authors for 10 years of libary Marko Marulić, book ‘’ Poor people and to a God are difficult’’ - The City Galleries, Waldinger Gallery, Osijek, BUK 2010. - MSU/ Museum of Contemporary Art, Zagreb, T-HT awards, happening " OTHER SIDE OF THE FLAG" 2009 - Gallery of Fine Art Split, concert Ilija I Zrno Žita - KVART, Trstenik beech, Split, happening Formally accepting - Adria Artt Anale, installation, Society crown of falls glow - Zgrebi Eco Festival, The Swamp, Zagreb, performance from cycle SELF EATER- hunger - SKUP 09, Sinj. Performance from cycle LASHING of Zagora - PAF/ Performance Art Festival, Osijek, performance from cycle LASHING of Slavonija - Vstop Prost Admission Free, Celje, Slovenia, performance, Needle playing/ SI09 - Art exchange, fair of contemporary art, Rovinj, Croatia - DOPUST/ Days of open performance in Split/ Organizer project performance, SELF EATER- thirst 2008 - Milezzi palace, performance Mein Kind, Split - 5. Fair of culture, SC Gallery, Zagreb, performance, Needle playing/ HR08 - Operation City, Zagreb, performance, joint project, Reed Martek - The Kube Split, performance from cycles needle playing/ USA08 - 29. Show- room of young, Zagreb/ Saloon of revolution/ SUPEREVOLUTION- action public space - The Kube, Split, 5. Festival of noise/ 1. Grant for audio vocal performance - Crows, intervention in urban space, Pristine
- Stacion center for contemporary art Pristine, performance from cycles needle playing " Balkan 08 "
- XIII. Adria Art Annale, Split installation ‘’ let stronger beat that hearth of fire’’ - Project 008, Sinj, " Appreciated " - performance - MKC Gallery, Split, " EXPOSE " - performance - XI. Festival of Alternative Theater, Zagreb - " Adistia family " - a play - Multimedia Cultural Centre Split PASO DOBLE - " The passion of lovers is possessed " - live installation - Festival Buke, Split, Cube Club - DOPUST/ Days of Open Performance in Split performance festival, curator project " EXPONAT "– performance 2007 - Free Art Academy Ghetto, Split, " Dimi and I " humanity exhibition, curator project - 35. Split show- room, " Making wishes come true " - happening - XII. Adria Art Annale, installation, happening " Adistia d.o.o. " - SC Gallery Zagreb - " 20% shorter ceremony " - ambient installation - Split Film Festival - The international festival of new film - video " Mom, Dad, send Mickey money ", " August the 8th " - Outvideo - Moscow, Russia - " Naked cowboy " - Festival Buke, Split, Cube Club - " Here and there " - Medimurje Museum Cakovec, show- room - La Esmeralda Gallery, Mexico City, Mexico, " Infinitivos " - VZ-ST, Orsic Residence, Varazdin - "www.america.com " - performance - Miroslav Kraljevic Gallery Zagreb - " Resonance "- happening, " Adistia sect art "- - Art Gallery Split /, Adistia instalation - Test 7, Student Center Zagreb, " (Non)exploited " - performance - Free Art Academy Ghetto Split, student exhibition UMAS - &TD Theater Zagreb, Culture Fair 2 2006 - SC Gallery Zagreb, Osijek art scene 2005 - Operation City - Invisible Zagreb - Croatian National Theatre Split - Marul days, Podstrana near Split 2004 - Art Academy Split exibition, Banovina, Split 2000 -" Domijada " - art competition of high-school students 1999 - - Art colony Bedekovchina FESTIVAL The organizer / curator project 2008.DOPUST / Days open performance in Split, Croatia 2009.DOPUST / Days open performance in Split, Croatia 2010.DOPUST / Days open performance in Split, Croatia 2011.DOPUST / Days open performance in Split, Dubrovnik, Rijeka, Zagreb, Croatia CONCERTS/ ILIAH AND THE GRAIN/ art punk 2008 1."NOISE FESTIVAL 6"-Club Kocka, Split, 10.10.2008 (Winners!) 2. Club Dice-small stage, Split 10.11.2008 2009 3.Club A3, Knin, 15.5.2009 4 "NOISE FESTIVAL 7 " Club Kocka, Split, 10.10.2009 5 "Rabbit-Baroque exhibition Barića V","Art Gallery, Split, 26.11.2009 2010 6 "Citizens", happening Marko Markovic, Art Gallery, Split, 15 12.09- 2010th 7 Club Kocka, Split, 18 1st 2010 8. Museum of Contemporary Art-MSU Zagreb, music happening "The other side of the flag" (MSU contest T-Com). Zagreb, 28.2.2010 9 "NOISE FESTIVAL 8 " Club Kocka Split, 04.17.2010- (MIROSLAV AND PESTICIDES PLAY TRIBUTE TO ILIJA AND THE GRAIN) 10 "DOPUST " festival (TRIBUTE TO JADRANKA KOSOR/ Minstar of Croatia ) plateau in front of the Youth Home, Split, 2.7.2010 11 "Almissa Open Air Festival, square F Tudjman, Omis, 7.8.2010 12.Plato Knin fortress, Knin, 03.09.2010 13 Mine, yours, our / RESITANCE / Molecule Club Rijeka, 15.10.2010. + Live at Radio KL Eurodom, Split, 11.1,2010 (the TV show "The Other Side") 2011 14. Rock Club the Hole, slums, Split, 08.11.2011. 15. Support for citizen initiative “ For Marjan” MKC, Split 16. The Cube Club, Split 17. Bunkers, Zadar 18. Das House, Zagreb 19. Helios, Hvar 20. Aquarium, Split 2012 22.The Nest, Bosnia and Hetcegovina 23. Santos, Bosnia and Hercegovina firstname.lastname@example.org 3479719806