While we reboot the "Entangled" discussion, please nominate your choice for Book #2

While we reboot the "Entangled" discussion, Please nominate your choice for Book #2. To nominate a book, reply to this discussion. The top five liked replies will then be voted on by the group. So if you see a reply with a book you are interested, like it to move it to the final round of votes.

Views: 109

Replies to This Discussion

how about "Participation" from the Whitechapel: Documents of Contemporary Art series? i believe it was up for nomination the first go round. it's a collection of essays on what it means for audiences/viewers to participate in their experiences of art by luminaries like Umberto Eco, Bertolt Brecht, Roland Barthes, Félix Guattari, Jacques Rancière, Joseph Beuys & Augusto Boal to name just a few. it seems to me that coming from "Entangled" with its focus on all our techno/media extensions of live performance to an emphasis on direct human engagement would be a rather good contrast. plus, i just ordered it and it is probably waiting for me on my stoop this very afternoon...

Hi Adrian, I second that idea. Its a great book and would make for an interesting contrast with Entangled. Here is the link to it if others are interested in taking a look. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0262524643?ie=UTF8&tag=cp_blog...

FYI, i was a trifle misled by the amazon blurb.. there don't appear to be any essays by mssrs. boal or brecht. still bunches of great stuff tho!

RSS

Connect

517867ba152f4c2a8e9d0d089604de85 e1483789aef54d608911ec0e649848a6 cccac3b4ca90413a8e91eaa0db66b832 6b75096dadc44a6d8d7827a8b5aca5b4 BECOME A SPONSOR

Sponsors & Partners

BECOME A SPONSOR

© 2016   Created by Caden Manson (Network Curator).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service