While we reboot the "Entangled" discussion, please nominate your choice for Book #2

While we reboot the "Entangled" discussion, Please nominate your choice for Book #2. To nominate a book, reply to this discussion. The top five liked replies will then be voted on by the group. So if you see a reply with a book you are interested, like it to move it to the final round of votes.

Tags: #2, Book, Books, Club, Contemporary, Nominate, Performance

Views: 83

Replies to This Discussion

how about "Participation" from the Whitechapel: Documents of Contemporary Art series? i believe it was up for nomination the first go round. it's a collection of essays on what it means for audiences/viewers to participate in their experiences of art by luminaries like Umberto Eco, Bertolt Brecht, Roland Barthes, Félix Guattari, Jacques Rancière, Joseph Beuys & Augusto Boal to name just a few. it seems to me that coming from "Entangled" with its focus on all our techno/media extensions of live performance to an emphasis on direct human engagement would be a rather good contrast. plus, i just ordered it and it is probably waiting for me on my stoop this very afternoon...

Hi Adrian, I second that idea. Its a great book and would make for an interesting contrast with Entangled. Here is the link to it if others are interested in taking a look. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0262524643?ie=UTF8&tag=cp_blog...

FYI, i was a trifle misled by the amazon blurb.. there don't appear to be any essays by mssrs. boal or brecht. still bunches of great stuff tho!

RSS

Connect

517867ba152f4c2a8e9d0d089604de85 e1483789aef54d608911ec0e649848a6 cccac3b4ca90413a8e91eaa0db66b832 UB_MAPhD_Banner 6b75096dadc44a6d8d7827a8b5aca5b4 BECOME A SPONSOR

Sponsors & Partners

BECOME A SPONSOR